How can you generate more leads for your home internet business in 2016?
Answering that question will help you keep your internet business healthy in the coming year. Leads are the new blood that brings more engagement, more sales and more profits to your online business.
So just what can you do to make sure you generate more leads next year?
Here are seven top lead generation strategies you can start using today….
1. Boost your SEO – You want the right leads to find your business. When they hit up Google, your business should be there waiting for them. That means learning about and employing SEO improvement tactics to make sure that search engines find and love your website. From keyword use to relevant content to high quality backlinks; make SEO part of your lead generation strategy.
2. Get blogging – A blog serves two important lead generation purposes. First of all, it’s a chance to show potential customers why they should choose you. You can do this by using blogging to establish yourself as a reliable authority on your subject. Second, as the article, “6 Tools to Improve Your Online Presence and Generate Leads” points out, a blog with regularly updated and useful content will attract the attention of search engines.
3. Use social media – Your customers are using social media, so you need to do the same. Customers these days are using social media to look for brands like yours, to do research, and to find out what other people are saying about brands. By publishing regular content on social media, you can keep your customers engaged, and attract new leads.
4. Listen carefully – The leads you need are out there – you just have to listen for them. With a social media listening tool you can discover who is talking about your business and others like it, and who is expressing an interest in products and services like yours. What problems are you hearing? And what can you do to solve them? Let customers know how you can improve their lives and you’ll gain some strong leads.
5. Create sharable content – Good quality and shareable content will get disseminated and seen, and ultimately bring you more qualified leads. To be shareable, content needs to be both engaging and useful. There’s a lot of content out there, so take the time to make sure yours packs a real punch. Make use of helpful videos or interesting infographics to give your content an edge.
6. Capture leads – Don’t let your leads go by. Use lead capture forms to find out more about the customers who want to engage with you. The best way to do this is by offering something of real value such as a free ecourse, ebook or some helpful videos. Customers can sign up to get the content, and you can harvest the information they give you and use it to decide which leads are the strongest.
7. Network – It’s easy to skip over networking when you run an internet business at home, but in fact networking is as vital for you as it is for any other business. Connect with others in your industry through forums, LinkedIn or social media to get your name known. When you network, be sure to contribute something truly helpful to the discussion. Shameless promotion won’t go over well – showing your skill and knowledge will.
As a home internet business owner, looking for new leads is a vital activity.
Get started with these tips today and make it your new year’s resolution to generate more leads than ever in 2016.
Photo credit: BigStockPhotos.com
About the Author: Tristan Anwyn writes on a variety of topics including social media, how to build customer relationships, content marketing and how to generate more leads for your business.