Maybe you are a stay at home mom looking to make some spending money, or you’re a student with a little extra time and the need of extra money. Or maybe you’re an entrepreneur looking to work for yourself and out of your home to make a great salary.
There are a plethora of home Internet businesses to get into; you just need to figure out what you like.
For some, beauty and makeup products are a great business to get into.
Everyone uses some sort of cosmetic or beauty product, from every day shampoo to high end eye liner to organic deodorant.
More and more people are buying beauty products online, as it is much more convenient than going out every time you need something.
But how do you get into this? What’s the best way to set up a home Internet business selling beauty and makeup supplies? And how do you market it?
Among the items to keep in mind:
• The first thing to do is find your niche – The area of beauty and cosmetology is broad and covers the face, hair, skin and nails. Even things like vitamins and minerals are making their way into this field. So you’ll need to narrow down your niche, perhaps through one of these areas, like hair or nails, or maybe in a certain part of the industry – like vegan shampoos or cosmetics for aging women.
• Learn about any permits or licensing you need, whether on the cosmetology side or on the business side – As the following article shows, if you are going to make any claims about your background and expertise, make sure you have the evidence to document it, whether you earned an online cosmetology degree or one in a brick and mortar school. You’ll also need to find out about taxes, insurance, business permits and resale permits. Think about incorporating yourself and your business. This way you’ll be covered in case anything bad happens due to your products.
Where Do I Get My Products?
• Find your products – You’ve already narrowed down your area/niche, now you have to find the products. Look around for wholesale companies or companies who need resellers. You might need to buy a lot at once, so make sure you have ample storage area in your home, where it will be safe from kids, pets, temperature, humidity and other conditions.
• Learn pricing – You want to make a profit, but not sell at such exorbitant prices that no one wants to buy.
• Market away – Marketing covers everything from pretty packaging to how you will get your name out there. You can do both on social media. Use Instagram to take shots of your products and your clever packaging; you can offer giveaways and contests. Pinterest is a great place to showcase your product, too, and of course let all of your Facebook and Twitter followers know what you’re doing. You’ll need a website that is easy to get to and navigate; make sure you have this on all of your social media. Word of mouth is great, so have your social media friends and followers give shout outs and shares with all of your products.
You want your business to reliable, honest, consistent and, of course, successful.
Find your niche and your product, and market it as you’d like to be viewed.
Best of luck, and feel free to share any great ideas that have worked for you.
Photo credit: Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
About the Author: Heather Legg is a writer who covers topics related to home business, social media and marketing.